The University of Missouri System has provided an emergency notification system on its four campuses. So that you can be warned of any pending danger through this warning system, please update your cell phone and/or text messaging contact information.
- Go to MyView
- Login using your SSO ID and password
- Click Campus Personal Information
- Click Phone Numbers
- Add your contact information (cell phone and/or text messaging) and choose your preferred method of contact
- Click Save
This guide provides a screenshot walkthrough of the process.
- Go to the employee information database MyHr
- Log in using your UserID and password
- Click Employee information from the Self Service menu
- Click UM Emergency Info
- Enter your cell phone, text messaging number, and any other contact information
- Click Submit Changes
When UMSL initiates an emergency message, it will automatically call your cell phone with a voice message, send a text message to your cell phone, and send an e-mail message to your University e-mail account (in that order). If you respond affirmatively that you have received the message, the call sequence will cease.
Enrollment in this program is free. Your cell phone carrier may charge you for a text message if you do not have a plan that covers it; consult your carrier to confirm. UMSL will not use this contact information except in an emergency that has the immediate potential to affect your health and safety. UMSL will continue to use its own e-mail notification system to inform you of operational issues and situations that do not pose an immediate threat to your health or safety.