About the Department
Police Leadership History
UMSL Bike Patrol
Personal Safety Tips
Residential Safety Program
Campus Facilities Access
Substance Abuse Education
Sexual Assault Education
Integrated Emergency Planning
Campus Crime Information
Campus Crime Report
Campus Security Authority
Daily Incident/Fire Log
Clery Timely Warnings
Emergency Notification System
Citizen Compliment & Complaint
Making a Complaint
Statistical Summary of Complaints
Forms and Policy
Substance Abuse Policy
Sexual Assault/Sexual Harassment Policy
Presentation Request Form
Working closely with the administration of University of Missouri - Saint Louis, the Police Department strives to make the campus a safe place to learn, live and work. Providing security to the campus community is a continuous process of re-evaluating existing policies and practices so that they conform to the changing needs of the community. The Campus Committee on Safety and Violence Prevention fosters a campus-wide approach to safety. This committee produced a video entitled "UMSL Campus Safety" which we encourage students, faculty and staff to view.
To increase campus safety, several steps have been taken:
- The department’s Crime Prevention Officer is available to assist with seminars, surveys and materials.
- Lighting has been improved at several locations.
- Emergency telephones distinctively marked with blue lights have been installed throughout campus.
- Red telephones are located throughout buildings.
- The University has modified new construction and landscaping to provide a safer campus.
- 24-hour preventative patrol
- Burglar alarms in several areas
- Property engraving program
- Police Safety Escorts
- Vehicle service, including jump-starts, and opening of door locks.
- Triton Watch program
- Closed circuit cameras in selected parking and student housing areas
- Card Access systems on residential doors and selected other areas
- Community Oriented Police (COPS) officers assigned to residential areas
Please call 314-516-5155 for more information on programs, to obtain crime prevention materials, or for a safety escort.