Working closely with the administration of University of Missouri - Saint Louis, the Police Department strives to make the campus a safe place to learn, live and work. Providing security to the campus community is a continuous process of re-evaluating existing policies and practices so that they conform to the changing needs of the community.
To increase campus safety, several steps have been taken:
- The department’s Crime Prevention Officer is available to assist with seminars, surveys and materials.
- Lighting has been improved at several locations.
- Emergency telephones distinctively marked with blue lights have been installed throughout campus.
- Red telephones are located throughout buildings.
- The University has modified new construction and landscaping to provide a safer campus.
- 24-hour preventative patrol
- Burglar alarms in several areas
- Property engraving program
- Escort service
- Vehicle service, including jump-starts, and opening of door locks.
- Triton Watch program
- Closed circuit cameras in selected parking and student housing areas
- Card Access systems on residential doors and selected other areas
- Community Oriented Police (COPS) officers assigned to residential areas
Please call 314-516-5155 for more information on programs, to obtain crime prevention materials, or for a safety escort.